This recipe is so good. I like to throw the ingredients in a gallon ziploc bag and freeze until I'm ready to cook it but if you need it to be pretty its probably better to prepare on the day its to be consumed.
Crock Pot Lasagna
- 1 lb Italian sausage or hamburger meat
- 1/2 C water
- 2 jars (each 24 oz.) spaghetti sauce [I make my spaghetti sauce from scratch]
- 1 lb. whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 box lasagna noodles (not no-boil noodles)
- 1 1/2 lb. mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1/4 C grated Parmesan cheese
Brown sausage in large skillet. Make sure to break it up as you would ground beef - about 10 to 12 minutes. Add the spaghetti sauce and water and bring to a simmer.
In another bowl, stir together the ricotta, parsley, salt and pepper.
Spray inside of crock pot with cooking spray, or line with a crock pot liner. Spread a thin layer of the sauce on the bottom of the slow-cooker. Cover the sauce with a single layer of uncooked lasagna noodles., You will have to break some to make fit. Circle pot + rectangle noodles = not very good fit!
Spread about 1/3 cup of the ricotta mixture over the noodles. Top with about 2 cups of the sauce, then sprinkle with about 1 cup of the mozzarella and 1/4 cup of the Parmigiano-Reggiano. Repeat the layers until ingredients run out or crock pot is full.
Cook on low 4-6 hours!
click here for the recipe for the bread! Amish Potato rolls!
I would love to see how your lasagna turned out!
Post a Comment